Sunday, September 21, 2008

I Need Flippers

Today I made my first attempt at swimming post-surgery. I don't know why I expected to get in the water and suddenly be able to pull a Michael Phelps. Still numb and weak, even in water. Oh well. One day at a time. Did 10 laps using a kickboard for support....s-l-o-w going. Very slow. But I suppose I should continue to be patient. Tomorrow will be a little better, I'm sure. (btw: two others in the pool with recent back surgeries...both MUCH older than me though...I feel like such a freak sometimes).
Kickboard, light stretching (ow) and attempts to raise up on the ball of my foot (didn't work, the muscles won't do what I tell them to do).

Now I'm wiped out. Completely. Didn't feel tired when I was doing all the stuff. Spouse had to yell at me to get out of the pool.

Night.

No comments: