Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy Anniversary....


I still find it rather hard to believe, but as of 7 p.m. tonight, my spouse and I have been married for 13 years. Late last night I decided to dig up the wedding pics, just to see. Wow, we look young.

And on a related note: Happy Birthday, Bruce Springsteen. Yes, we got married on his birthday - but I swear that wasn't the reason. We picked the date because it was a (rare) open football weekend in Tuscaloosa...so more hotels and less traffic (we were wed at Canterbury Chapel on campus). I swear. Honest. You NEVER schedule a wedding down here during a game weekend if you want anyone to show up. Even open bar doesn't get 'em.

Which reminds me: no we didn't have this played as I walked down the aisle, but if we did it again you BET we would...

And yes, I'm still glad I got off that front porch and into that car.

3 comments:

J.C said...

Congratulations!

leslie said...

Awe you where such a beautiful bride! thanks for sharing!

Just Another Blogger said...

Congrats Laurie!